Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Hey Children


You probably haven't tried my standing long jump/400 meter workout.  It's understandable, you're frail and scared.  But I implore you, it is the first step towards manhood.  I usually warm-up with some jump rope, some stretching to open up my hips, a slow 800 meter jog, and a few long jumps.  Then I dive right in.  I rest as much as necessary between rounds in order to bring my heart rate back from the point of cardiac arrest.  If you're looking for a way to increase your VO2 max, push your lactate threshold, increase your anaerobic capacity, speed up your metabolism, increase your aerobic stamina, and become even more of a badass, then stop being so fat and lazy and get to it.

You should know this workout will probably kill or severely injury you because you are weak and pathetic, so start with 2 rounds at a manageable pace, and work your way up to 4 rounds as fast as you can.  How fast is that?  After each round my heart feels like it is going to explode and I am on the borderline of passing out.  Fight the urge to lay down between rounds...why?...because you're better than that.  Fit this long jump/400m ass kicker into your workout schedule every 3 or 4 weeks.  I usually do it in between 2 heavy lifting days, to break things up.  In case you're too lazy to check the link above to the old post, here's the workout:

4 rounds*
10 standing long jumps as far and fast as possible**
run 400 meters as fast as possible
record your fastest round

*Rest as much as needed between rounds
**no rest between jumps and run

1 comment:

  1. since i have done your standing long jump workout but yet to go through with the 400 challenge...would i be like only half a step towards manhood?

    ReplyDelete